Mrs DJ Manning - Line manager
Mr A D Cole – Head
The Bridge will work to ensure that the education learners receive is tailored to meet their individual needs and designed to give them the skills to improve their life chances. It aims to support the reintegration of learners into full time education in school, further education or employment. The development of learners’ personal integrity, self esteem and citizenship is central to all work. We aim:
* to develop learners' educational and personal potential in a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment
* to make good progress in learning
* to prepare learners' for successful reintegration with school, further education or employment
* to develop learners personal integrity, self- esteem and citizenship
* to identify and change aspects of behaviour that are contributory to difficulties experienced in school
In the course of their work, staff will contribute to the development of this ethos through:
- Providing a calm, quiet and effective working environment, in which each learner can achieve his or her maximum potential
- Providing a welcoming environment, in which courtesy, kindness and respect are fostered
- Providing positive role models
- Providing a fair and disciplined environment, in line with the whole school Behaviour Policy
- Effectively managing their professional time
- Developing links with the wider community
- Providing learners with meaningful, purposeful tasks, related to the curriculum and linked where possible to Agored Cymru qulaifications
- Valuing and celebrating learner success and achievements
- Reviewing personal and professional development.
- Welcoming and supporting teaching and non-teaching staff
Pupils in the Bridge are taught in small groups at various times of the day.
They are given a wide range of subject which include – English, maths, science, geography, art , theatre studies and have access to Agored Cymru and Prince’s Trust.